Our websites and services are designed for businesses and their representatives and we do not offer products or services for consumer use (i.e., personal, family or household use). Accordingly, we treat the personal information we collect as pertaining to individuals in their capacities as business representatives and not in their individual capacities.
Personal Information we Collect
Information you provide to us. Personal information you may provide to us through the Service or otherwise includes:
- Contact data, such as your first and last name, phone number and email addresses.
- Account data, such as your username and password that you set to establish an online account with us, and any other information that you add to your account profile.
- Profile data, such as your company, job title, website URLs, country and physical addresses, where publicly-available.
- Communications that we exchange, including when you contact us with questions, feedback, or otherwise.
- Marketing data, such as your preferences for receiving communications about our products and services, and details about how you engage with our communications.
Automatic data collection. We, our service providers, and our business partners may automatically log information about you, your computer or mobile device, and your activity over time on our sites and other sites and online services. This information may include:
- Device data, such as your computer or mobile device operating system type and version number, manufacturer and model, browser type, screen resolution, IP address, IP address, unique identifiers, the website you visited before browsing to our website, and general location information such as city, state or geographic area.
- Online activity data, such as pages you viewed, how long you spent on a page, navigation paths between pages, information about your activity on a page, access times, and duration of access.
Cookies. Some of our automatic data collection is facilitated by cookies and similar technologies.
If you log into the Service through a social media or other third party platform, or otherwise connect your account on a third party platform to your account through the Service, we may collect information from that platform or network. You can read more about your privacy choices in the Third party platforms portion of the “Your Choices” section below.
How we use your personal information
We use your personal information for the following purposes or as otherwise described at the time we collect it:
Service delivery. We use your personal information to:
- Provide the Service and operate and improve the Service and our business;
- Establish and maintain your user profile on the Service;
- Communicate with you about the Service, including by sending announcements, updates, security alerts, and support and administrative messages;
- Understand your needs and interests, and personalize your experience with the Service and our communications;
- Provide support for the Service, and respond to your requests, questions and feedback.
Research and development. We may use your personal information for research and development purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and our business. As part of these activities, we may create aggregated, de-identified or other anonymous data from personal information we collect. We make personal information into anonymous data by removing information that makes the data personally identifiable to you. We may use this anonymous data and share it with third parties for our lawful business purposes, including to analyze and improve the Service and promote our business.
Marketing and advertising. We and our third party advertising partners may collect and use your personal information for marketing and advertising purposes:
- Direct marketing. We may send you LA Rush-related or other direct marketing communications as permitted by law, including by email and SMS. You may opt-out of our marketing communications as described in the Opt-out of marketing section below.
Compliance and protection. We may use your personal information to:
- Comply with applicable laws, lawful requests, and legal process, such as to respond to subpoenas or requests from government authorities;
- Protect our, your or others’ rights, privacy, safety or property (including by making and defending legal claims);
- Audit our internal processes for compliance with legal and contractual requirements and internal policies;
- Enforce the terms and conditions that govern the Service; and
- Prevent, identify, investigate and deter fraudulent, harmful, unauthorized, unethical or illegal activity, including cyberattacks and identity theft.
How we share your personal information
Service providers. Companies and individuals that provide services on our behalf or help us operate the Service or our business, such as hosting, information technology, payment processing, customer service, email delivery and website analytics.
Ecommerce platforms. When you use the Service through an ecommerce platform, such as Shopify, BigCommerce, OpenCart and WordPress, we may share your personal information with the platform as necessary to provide the Service through that platform.
Advertising partners. Third party advertising companies that collect information about your activity on the Service and other online services to help us advertise our services, and/or use customer lists that we share with them to deliver ads on their platforms to those customers and similar users.
Professional advisors. Professional advisors, such as lawyers, auditors, bankers and insurers, where necessary in the course of the professional services that they render to us.
Authorities and others. Law enforcement, government authorities, and private parties, as we believe in good faith to be necessary or appropriate for the compliance and protection purposes described above.
Business acquirers. Acquirers or other relevant parties to business transactions (or potential transactions) involving a corporate divestiture, merger, consolidation, acquisition, reorganization, sale or other disposition of all or any portion of the business or assets of, or equity interests in, LA Rush or our affiliates (including, in connection with a bankruptcy or similar proceedings).
You have the following choices with respect to your personal information.
Access or update your information. If you have registered for an account with us, you may review and update certain account information by logging into the account. You can also email us at 805-232-8497 to request changes to certain of your account information.
Opt-out of marketing or promotional communications. You may opt out of our marketing-related emails by following the opt-out or unsubscribe instructions at the bottom of the email, or by emailing us at 805-232-8497. You may continue to receive service-related and other non-marketing emails, such as those about your account or our ongoing business relations. You may unsubscribe from SMS or other mobile messages that we send you by replying STOP, CANCEL, QUIT, END or UNSUBSCRIBE in response to the message. You may get another text message confirming your unsubscribing from our service.
Do Not Track. Some Internet browsers may be configured to send “Do Not Track” signals to the online services that you visit. We currently do not respond to “Do Not Track” or similar signals. To find out more about “Do Not Track,” please visit http://www.allaboutdnt.com.
Declining to provide information. We need to collect certain personal information to provide certain services. If you do not provide the information requested, we may not be able to provide those services. We will tell you what information you must provide to receive the Service by designating it as required at the time of collection or through other appropriate means.
Third party platforms. If you choose to connect to the Service through your social media or other third party platform account, you may be able to use your settings in your account with that platform to limit the information we receive from it. If you revoke our ability to access information from a third party platform, that choice will not apply to information that we have already received from that third party.
Other sites and services
The Service may contain links to websites and other online services operated by third parties. These links are not an endorsement of, or representation that we are affiliated with, any third party. In addition, our content may be included on web pages or other online services that are not associated with us. We do not control websites or online services operated by third parties, and we are not responsible for their actions. We encourage you to read the privacy policies of the other websites and online services you use.
We employ a number of technical, organizational and physical safeguards designed to protect the personal information we collect. However, no security measures are failsafe and we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information.
International data transfer
We, our corporate affiliates and our service providers may have offices in, and may transfer your personal information to, the United States or other jurisdictions where privacy laws may not be as protective as those in your state, province, or country.
See below for additional information about the transfer of personal information outside of the European Economic Area.
The Service is not intended for use by anyone under 18 years old. If we learn that we have collected personal information from a minor under 18 years old without the consent of the minor’s parent or guardian as required by law, we will delete it.
How to contact us
Sensitive personal information
We ask that you not provide us with any sensitive personal information (e.g., social security numbers, information related to racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religion or other beliefs, health, biometrics or genetic characteristics, criminal background or trade union membership) on or through the Service, or otherwise to us. If you do not consent to our processing and use of such sensitive personal information, you must not submit such sensitive personal information through our Service.
We retain personal information where we have an ongoing legitimate business need to do so (for example, to provide you with a service you have requested; to comply with applicable legal, tax or accounting requirements; to establish or defend legal claims; or for fraud prevention). When we have no ongoing legitimate business need to process your personal information, we will either delete or anonymize it or, if this is not possible (for example, because your personal information has been stored in backup archives), then we will securely store your personal information and isolate it from any further processing until deletion is possible.
European data protection laws give you certain rights regarding your personal information. If you are located within the Europe, you may ask us to take the following actions in relation to your personal information that we hold:
- Access. Provide you with information about our processing of your personal information and give you access to your personal information.
- Correct. Update or correct inaccuracies in your personal information.
- Delete. Delete your personal information.
- Transfer. Transfer a machine-readable copy of your personal information to you or a third party of your choice.
- Restrict. Restrict the processing of your personal information in certain circumstances (for example, where you believe that the personal information we hold about you is not accurate or lawfully held).
- Object. Object to our reliance on our legitimate interests as the basis of our processing of your personal information that impacts your rights.
You may submit these requests by email to email@example.com or contact us at 805-232-8497. We may request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and process your request. Applicable law may permit us to decline your request. If we decline your request, we will tell you why, subject to legal restrictions. If you would like to submit a complaint about our use of your personal information or our response to your requests regarding your personal information, you may contact us at 805-232-8497 or submit a complaint to the data protection regulator in your jurisdiction.
Cross-Border Data Transfer
What are cookies?
Cookies are small data files that are placed on your computer or mobile device when you visit a website. Cookies serve different purposes, as described in the table below. Our Sites may use both session cookies (which expire once you close your web browser) and persistent cookies (which stay on your computer or mobile device until you delete them).
We use two categories of cookies:
- first party cookies, served directly by us, which we use to recognize your computer or mobile device when it revisits our Sites; and
- third party cookies, which are served by service providers or business partners on our Sites to recognize your computer or mobile device when it visits other websites.
What types of cookies and similar tracking technologies does LA Rush use on the Sites?